BeHear Bluetooth assistive hearing audio headset
BeHear is an audio headset for improving understanding of sound, listening to a conversation, during a phone call or just playing music.
The BeHear headset is made up of two very high-quality earpieces connected together by a neck strap. The headset is light (150 g), discreet (black and ITE earpieces) and wireless, connected via Bluetooth to the smartphone.
The earpieces have a small magnet to hold them together easily.
Here are the main functions of the BeHear headset:
- Hearing aid function, improved digital listening and amplified surroundings: the two microphones located on the earpieces provide audio assistance which can copy the sound, adapted to your hearing (+60 dB maximum during amplification) or simply adapted to the chosen sound environment (inside or outside use for example). Adjustments are made directly on the headset or if you wish you have access to personalised settings linked to a smartphone (a free Android or Apple app will give you access to settings personalised to your hearing (including an audiogram)). Once set up the copied sound will be adapted to your hearing.
- Audio music listening: the quality of the loudspeakers makes the BeHear a high-quality Bluetooth audio headset for listening to stereo music.
- “Open-ear” audio listening (called ListenThrough™): one of the advantages of the BeHear audio headset, you activate the external microphones while listening to music, in this case, you hear surrounding sounds (people around you) + your music. Perfect for listening to music while remaining vigilant to surrounding sounds, therefore safer.
- Telephone call function: linked to your mobile phone, the headset allows you to understand telephone conversations better, you can increase the sound or listen to conversations depending on your hearing. The advantage of the BeHear headset is undoubtedly the SLOW DOWN speech function (called EasyListen™ technology) to hear conversation more slowly for better understanding.
- Hearing protection function: the noise reduction (around -20 dB) or echo cancellation function allows noise disturbances to be reduced when wearing the headphones, while remaining attentive to the outside environment.
The BeHear headset is a technological marvel combining design, sound quality and the ability to adapt to all through personalisation of hearing (via the Android or Apple smartphone app or simply via the headset controls). Often compared to the design of the BOSE headset, the BeHear however reveals new functions.
Long-lasting with over 600 hours of battery life in standby mode and over 10 hours of intensive use.
- Bluetooth: Version 4.2, Class II (HFP 1.6, HSP 1.2, A2DP)
- Range: 10m
- Maximal Sound Pressure Level (OSPL90), HFA: 116 dB SPL
- Gain: HFA: 42 dB/Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): < 0.7%
- Earphones 13.6 mm receivers
- Frequency: 20Hz to 20 kHz
- Microphones (x4 microphones in total):
- Ultra-low-noise 74 dB SNR ECM (Electret Condenser Microphone) in each earpiece
- Low-noise digital 64 dB SNR MEMS in each control box
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz to 15 kHz
Rechargeable lithium-ion battery, 250 mAh capacity
Charge type: Micro-USB
This multipurpose headset can be used for several purposes:
- To listen to music for audiophiles with high sound quality and above all HD sound adapted to your hearing
- Telephone conversations: Assistive listening on your mobile to understand callers better, by reducing voice speed.
- Use at the theatre or the cinema: Hear sounds better with the sound amplifier function (two microphones can digitally reproduce the sound).
- Family meals or parties.
- On transport (public, bus, metro) or flying (with the sound reduction function). Ideal for people with hyperacusis.
- Sports: play sports while listening to your music AND at the same time keep listening carefully to external surrounding sounds.
What do you receive?
- 1 BeHear headset
- 1 Charging cable
- 3 pairs of silicone conch adaptors (small/medium/large, left and right)
- 6 silicone intra pairs (conical) - small/medium/large
- 4 breeze reduction protective foams (against the wind)
- 1 zipped carrying case
- 1 quick start guide